Thursday, December 3, 2015

Trying Something New For Scrapbooking - Part 2

Yesterday I shared with you how I got to creating this kind of an album as well as the page dimensions, etc. Today, I'm sharing with you a few more pages. You will recall that with this black & white "Everyday Chic" DSP ( 138445) I use sponges to add colour.

Remember, you will have excuse some of the photos as some are not clear. I had to take the photos very quickly, just hours before leaving, and didn't realize that the settings had somehow changed on my camera. And since I'm uploading and posting the photos after having given the albums away, I can't retake the photos for you. So let's continue with the tour of the pages shall we.


The "Luau" letters are leftovers from a past "Perpetual Calendar" kit


You can see here that the flap doesn't match the two page spread, that because I should have had it fold to the other side as it is part of that layout. This happens throughout the album. A lesson learned.





If you can't get all the photos you want on your layout, add 'flip ups'. I used the Envelope Punch board to create the tabs. You can write on those tabs....




There are still more pages to this album, but I will show them to you tomorrow. So, come back and check them out. Hope you are being inspired to create something like this for your Christmas gifts and Christmas Albums.

What I've Learned

One thing that I would so differently on my next album, is to either blacken some hole punch strengtheners (you know those self-adhesive white rings to attach to each hole), or I would attach a 5/8" strengthening strip at the edge that has the holes punched into it, to double it and strengthen it. The cardstock begins to wear and eventually will rip through to the hole.

The other thing is to create the pages as you go rather than all ahead, as nice as that is, because you don't know which direction you want those flaps to go until you create your layouts.

Thank you for stopping by and see you tomorrow! Happy Stamping!






Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog





Find out which 2015 Holiday Catalogue items will soon be gone! You have until January 4th to purchase RETIRING products while supplies last!

Here is the link to the Holiday Retiring List.

No comments: