Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Double Page Layout Using Neutrals DSP Stack & Wallet Size Photos


Hi Everyone!

It's been a while since I've done a more traditional scrapbooking layout. I have a lot of duplicate photos left from other projects to use up, so I came up with the idea of creating a double page layout for each of my Grandchildren  in some the moments captured from their last visit.


I want to talk a little about choosing colours for your layout. Often people try to pick colours that are in the photos. There isn't anything wrong about that, and usually works just fine, but I want talk about complimenting colours in the photos. Choosing colours that are across the colour wheel from the dominate colour in the photo can do a lot to make you photos actually stand out more.

For this layout I chose brown to compliment and make the blue in the photos I chose, stand out more. If I had chosen blue colours, it would have looked great, but the brown makes the blue pop. What other colours do you know that would do the same thing?

The next two photos show each page on it's own so that you can see a few more details. If you want to see an even larger photo, click on it.  

I used some retired product in this layout, and the word strips are cut from non-SU DSP. The DSP had a design with sentiments in different sizes printed all over it, in different angles. I just had to cut them all out! I have more for of these for future layouts. I also used bits and pieces left over from Paper Pumpkin and other kits.Lets get away

Here's the second page.


Buy using mainly wallet sized, or photos cut down to wallet size, I was able to place then on strips that were 2 3/4" wide and the tops centered and punched with the 'Ornate Topper Punch'. I then snipped the top end pieces, that come from punching something wider than the punch, off. 

Anything that I used, and is not retired, you will find on the list below.

Thank you for coming by for a look today. Hope your day is a good one!

Happy Scrapbooking!






Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog




Sale-A-Bration! Remember that for every $60 you spend on products from the brand-new Occasions catalogue or Annual Catalogue, you can choose a FREE exclusive Sale-A-Bration product!


PAPER PUMPKIN SALE!

What could possibly make Sale-A-Bration even better? Getting Paper Pumpkin involved of course! Stampin' Up!'s three month PAPER PUMPKIN SALE! January 5th through March 31. A great deal with a surprise kit at your door every month!

3-Month Prepaid Subscription (137859) $$74.85 $69
Save on a 3-month prepaid subscription and instantly qualify for a FREE Sale-A-Bration item!
12-Month Prepaid Subscription (137861) $275.40
Take it to the next level with a 12-month prepaid subscription. Save $24 a year with the everyday awesome price, earn Stampin' Rewards, and instantly qualify for 4 FREE Sale-A-Bration items!

There have been some pretty fantastic Paper Pumpkin kits over this year. Don't miss out on the fun and your chance to save on a 3-month Paper Pumpkin subscription and get a FREE Sale-A-Bration item until March 31st. Contact me today! (sabradcreations@gmail.com)


No comments: