Saturday, April 30, 2016

Birthday Blossoms - So Saffron & Smoky Slate


I have always loved the colour combination of a light soft yellow with a light gray. As a matter of fact, in the mid 1980's I renovated our kitchen with these colours. I painted all the cabinets this gray, with a very soft yellow trim on the inner edge of the raised panel of the cabinet surfaces. The lower half of the walls in a ligther gray with the chair rail, baseboards and window frames in the same gray as the cabinets, and the upper part of the walls were wallpapered with a very soft yellow that had a sprinkling of small 3/4" - 1" flowers in two shades of light gray with some light rose here and there. The yellow was softer than So Saffron, but to this day it is a Kitchen that I still think fondly of. That is not, however, what inspired this card's colours. I just wanted to work with So Saffron and to compliment it chose Smoky Slate. It wasn't until I saw the colours together that I remembered that kitchen.

Any way, let's get to the card. As you can see I did a little background stamping using the small flower bunch stamping with So Saffron on like cardstock.


The shaped Banner is created using the Deco Labels die set. The sentiment, one of five with this stamp set, is stamped twice. Once on the banner, and once on a scrap of Smoky Slate where the banner is cut from and popped up over the sentiment stamped on the banner. The leaves were stamped with Smoky Slate onto like cardstock and cut out with scissors. Love that I didn't have to cut out the flowers, but could use the Pansy Punch. I only wish there was less cardstock showing around the edge. I could fussy cut them out, but most people I think would like to use the punch, so I did that.



From the side view, below, you can see that the banner and the flowers are popped up with dimensionals.


Again, I kept the inside simple.




Well that's four cards made using the "Birthday Blossoms" stamp set (and Pansy Punch for some). I think I have one or maybe two more to showcase before I choose which four to have for class in June.

Thank you for stopping by to have a peek today. Happy stamping!










No comments: