Monday, October 17, 2016

Peace This Christmas - Stamped Sampler Card



Creating stamped backgrounds, or our own DSP so to speak, can be great fun. For today's card I'm using the "Peace This Christmas" stamp set and designed a sampler-like card with sampler rectangles. Even though I knew stamping the white ink on the red cardstock would make it look more pink than white, I didn't want to take the time to heat emboss. So if you would rather do that to get a nice white look, go for it!


The only things that are popped up on this card are the sentiment banner and the snowflake circle, so this card should mail easily.

If you are wondering what size I cut my rectangles, the white is1 7/8"w x 2 1/2"h, and the coloured blocks are 1 13/16"w x 2 7/16"h.


I kept it very simple by just stamping a sentiment on the inside. Because it is a large one, I decided not to stamp anything else.


I'm sure that we all have creations where we are not 100% satisfied with the outcome. That is what I find with this card. I see a few things that I could have done differently. I always tell myself what I tell everyone else, "Don't worry about it, no one else will know", or " I'm sure the person that receives it will love it". To my customers that I say this to, I hope it helps you, because I'm not sure it helps me. lol

Hope you all have a lovely week, with a little time for yourself to do some crafting or stamping.







October 1 through 31 , you can buy three packages of Designer Series Paper and get one free! That’s great news since everyone can use more Designer Series Paper. This sale includes Designer Series Paper from both the annual catalog and the recently released holiday catalog (not including Specialty Designer Series Paper or Designer Series Paper Stacks).

Take advantage of these specials for all those Christmas projects you are planning to work on, or gift some lovely supplies to family or friends that love to craft and create!


No comments: